- Histogen Inc (NASDAQ: HSTO) has decided to suspend development of the HST 001 program after considering the results of the Phase 1b / 2a trial in androgenic alopecia (male pattern baldness).
- He stated that although HST 001 has demonstrated a favorable safety and tolerability profile, the development resources required to potentially achieve an acceptable threshold of effectiveness are substantial in terms of cost and time.
- In February, HST-001 did not reach statistical significance at week 26 compared to placebo on change from baseline in total hairs in target area.
- The company said it is on track to launch a Phase 1/2 trial for HST 003 for knee cartilage regeneration this month.
- The company has also initiated an Investigational New Drug Application (IND) enabling activities for HST 004, a TLC solution intended to be administered by intradiscal injection for intervertebral disc repair. The filing of an IND is scheduled for the second half of 2022.
- Last month, the company and its partner Amerimmune completed recruitment for the Phase 1 study of emricasan to treat COVID-19 patients with mild symptoms.
- 13 patients were included against the 40 patients initially targeted.
- To date, no serious adverse events have been reported, and first-line safety, biomarker and patient-reported data are expected to be available in June.
- Price action: HSTO shares were down 2.9% to $ 0.99 in the last check trading session on Thursday.
© 2021 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.